First, thank you so much to everyone who participated in the December Sanity Retreat, from my delicious co-hosts:
- Kate of Eat, Recycle, Repeat
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl
- Valerie of City Life Eats
to everyone who read, commented, shared, or joined us in the Facebook group.
And so…(drumroll please)
the winner of the Nuts.com gift certificate is Ms. Pamela of aseafish out of water. Yay Pamela!
The winner of the fun stuff from me is Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl and I can’t tell you what the present is because then she’d read it and spoil the surprise. 😉
I decided to blog my the things I was grateful for daily during December. It was interesting. I didn’t anticipate how hard it would be, between losing power for a few days, an autoimmune flare, dental issues, and kinda bizarre GI problems that made me go on a low fat diet. Hopefully I’ll never had to do that again! So there were more than a few days that I didn’t feel very grateful.Of course, true to my nature, I posted on those, too.
I’m glad that I was doing the gratitude posting. It was a stretch for me. I’m a very private person, and I found it challenging to post on ME for so many days. I don’t think I’ll ever do daily posts again, but I’m grateful for it nonetheless for showing me ways I’m not yet comfortable showing up in the world.
So I’ve decided to do Thankful Thursdays for 2014. I’m giving myself permission in advance to miss a few, because I’m sure I will.
And here’s a roundup of our December fun:
- Valerie’s Kickoff post
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy
- Eat Recycle Repeat’s Joy to the World
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy Every Day
- Valerie of City Life Eats on breathwork and reflection
My 31 days of gratitude:
- Day 1: Gratitude
- Day 2: Grateful for Genghis Khat
- Day 3: Grateful for amazing people
- Day 4: The roundabout road to gratitude
- Day 5: Grateful for beautiful weather
- Day 6: Grateful for New Experiences
- Day 7: Grateful for Local Apples
- Day 8: Grateful for Acts of Kindness
- Day 9 & 10: Grateful for Everyday Miracles
- Day 11: Grateful for Resilience
- Day 12: Ah, Grateful
- Day 13: Peaceful Day
- Day 14: Grateful for Pomegranates
- Day 15: Grateful for Interweb goodness
- Day 16: Grateful for Snuggle time
- Day 17: Grateful for Crackers
- Day 18: Grateful for Flowers and Fun
- Day 19: Grateful for Beauty
- Day 20: Grateful for Chocolate
- Day 21: Beautiful Day and Tree Gratefuls
- Day 22: Grateful for Tomorrows
- Day 23: Grateful for Houdini
- Day 25: Grateful for peaceful moments
- Day 26: Grateful for a beautiful Christmas
- Day 27: Grateful for the power of a dream
- Day 28: Grateful for my nephews
- Day 29: Not really gratefuls
- Day 30: Grateful for love
- Day 31: Grateful for Mr. Dude
If you focused on having a sane December in 2013, how did it affect your holidays?
Congratulations to all on December Sanity Retreat! I was off on the periphery for this one, but still appreciated all of your posts very much. 🙂
Thankful Thursdays sounds like a good plan and it’s great to give yourself permission ahead of time not to have to post every week!
I love the idea of Thankful Thursdays. And thanks so much! Guess I will have to stop saying I never win anything. <3
Thank you so much for hosting and putting so much effort into your gratitude series! It really helped me stay present and mindful during the holidays.