Part of having tons of food restrictions is that my default is that processed foods are out. Meaning, I can count the # of foods I can eat on my fingers without even having to go to my toes. One of the very few exceptions were Casabi Cassava crackers, because the ingredients are dehydrated organic cassava fiber. Period. I’ve been ordering cases for the last 8 or 9 years, and then…just like that, I found out last week they were discontinued.
Nope, that’s not what I’m grateful for. I’m grateful I tracked down the distributor and should be able to get a few more cases…and it seems, there’s the potential that they’ll sell the line to someone. Because seriously, there MUST be a market for a gluten-free, organic, vegan, paleo friendly product, right? And they ARE delicious.
I never think to be grateful that we have such an amazing food supply that I can get crackers from the Dominican Republic that are distributed through Canada…just like that. I can’t even bear to think about what it was like 10, 20, 30 years ago for people with food restrictions.
Drop by for the December Sanity Retreat! This week’s hostess is Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl and she posted on Seeking Joy Every Day. Hop on over to comment on her post and be entered to win a Nuts.come $50 gift cert!
Posts so far:
- Valerie’s Kickoff post
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy
- Eat Recycle Repeat’s Joy to the World
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy Every Day
My 30 days of gratitude:
- Day 1: Gratitude
- Day 2: Grateful for Genghis Khat
- Day 3: Grateful for amazing people
- Day 4: The roundabout road to gratitude
- Day 5: Grateful for beautiful weather
- Day 6: Grateful for New Experiences
- Day 7: Grateful for Local Apples
- Day 8: Grateful for Acts of Kindness
- Day 9 & 10: Grateful for Everyday Miracles
- Day 11: Grateful for Resilience
- Day 12: Ah, Grateful
- Day 13: Peaceful Day
- Day 14: Grateful for Pomegranates
- Day 15: Grateful for Interweb goodness
Oh I hate it when something convenient you can actually rely on is discontinued!! I really hope they find another maker/distributor! I’d love to try them!