A few years ago, we instituted snuggle time at Casa de Harris. When I first get home,I’ll go to the futon, call the dudes (feline and human) and relax for a while. For the record, the cats come when called. Mr. Dude does not always show up as promptly. Free will is definitely overrated, I tell ya!
I love snuggle time. It gives me a nice transition from the crazy of driving or working into more peaceful moments, and helps me unload whatever I don’t need. Sometimes I share what I’m grateful for and not-so-gently nudge Mr. Dude to do the same, but that’s more hit or miss.
Drop by for the December Sanity Retreat! This week’s hostess is Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl and she posted on Seeking Joy Every Day. Hop on over to comment on her post and be entered to win a Nuts.come $50 gift cert!
Posts so far:
- Valerie’s Kickoff post
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy
- Eat Recycle Repeat’s Joy to the World
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy Every Day
My 30 days of gratitude:
- Day 1: Gratitude
- Day 2: Grateful for Genghis Khat
- Day 3: Grateful for amazing people
- Day 4: The roundabout road to gratitude
- Day 5: Grateful for beautiful weather
- Day 6: Grateful for New Experiences
- Day 7: Grateful for Local Apples
- Day 8: Grateful for Acts of Kindness
- Day 9 & 10: Grateful for Everyday Miracles
- Day 11: Grateful for Resilience
- Day 12: Ah, Grateful
- Day 13: Peaceful Day
- Day 14: Grateful for Pomegranates
- Day 15: Grateful for Interweb goodness