We’ve got 2 cats: Genghis, who is my baby, and Houdini, who is Mr. Dude’s darling. In truth, Hou is the sweetest cat imaginable. He’s almost good natured beyond belief; even the vet has expressed astonishment at how good tempered he is, even when he was sick. He’s really a dog trapped in a cat’s body (or a dog who looks like a cat and is litter-trained). Meaning, he sits by the door and eagerly waits for us, he lives for snuggles, he’d choose a head scratch over food. Really. AND he loves Mr. Dude so much that when he gets near him, Hou will start licking his cheek. Hou also starts purring when he hears Mr. Dude’s car pull into the garage.
At our old house, Hou was a Q-tip bandit, and he’d pull them out of the garbage and squirrel them away somewhere until we stopped using Q-tips in that bathroom. But we never did find his hidey-hole. One day I was sick, and curled up on the floor. So Hou raided his stash, and brought me a Q-tip. When that didn’t have the desired result, he brought me a second. It definitely made me feel loved!
So I’m grateful for Hou. He’s definitely the mellowest and most chill of the four of us. He has a calming influence on all of us, and we’re so lucky to have him in our lives. He brings balance to our family.
Drop by for the December Sanity Retreat! This week’s hostess is Valerie of City Life Eats and she posted on getting more present with reflection and breathwork. Hop on over to comment on her post and be entered to win a Nuts.come $50 gift cert!
Posts so far:
- Valerie’s Kickoff post
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy
- Eat Recycle Repeat’s Joy to the World
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy Every Day
My 30 days of gratitude:
- Day 1: Gratitude
- Day 2: Grateful for Genghis Khat
- Day 3: Grateful for amazing people
- Day 4: The roundabout road to gratitude
- Day 5: Grateful for beautiful weather
- Day 6: Grateful for New Experiences
- Day 7: Grateful for Local Apples
- Day 8: Grateful for Acts of Kindness
- Day 9 & 10: Grateful for Everyday Miracles
- Day 11: Grateful for Resilience
- Day 12: Ah, Grateful
- Day 13: Peaceful Day
- Day 14: Grateful for Pomegranates
- Day 15: Grateful for Interweb goodness
I’m delighted to be joined by wonderful hostesses with likeminded blogs:
- Kickoff: Gluten Free Goodness (moi)
- Dec 7th Kate of Eat, Recycle, Repeat
- Dec 14th Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl
- Dec 21st Valerie of City Life Eats
- Roundup: Gluten Free Goodness (moi)
Awww, what a sweet cat! Love all you’ve shared about him, Cheryl. I wonder if the folks who moved into your old house will find his q-tip stash? Such a funny habit and so sweet that he brought you q-tips when you were sick. 🙂