I’m grateful for meditation. I find that even a short time meditating re-charges my batteries and makes me feel more centered and grounded.
I started meditating about 10 years ago. I find that the bigger the challenge, the more I receive from having the discipline to meditate. My habit is to avoid problems by eating chocolate, sleeping, or playing games/looking at cat pictures or picking fights with my favorite husband. But as you all know really well, when we ignore problems, they hang around until I take the time to figure out what’s wrong, and what I need.
I go through cycles of what kinds of meditation I use most. Lately, I’ve found silent mediation most rewarding and necessary. But especially when I started, I found that active meditating or following scripts was much more useful. A bunch of my favorites are here, from guided imagery to self-compassion to loving kindness mediation and more.
I also absolutely adore my little Sansa recorder. Not only do I use it to record my own meditations for myself and for clients, but I also have a bunch of meditations and songs that are awesome for keeping my calm at the dentist, in waiting rooms, or when I’m traveling.
Drop by for the December Sanity Retreat! This week’s hostess is Valerie of City Life Eats and she posted on getting more present with reflection and breathwork. Hop on over to comment on her post and be entered to win a Nuts.come $50 gift cert!
Posts so far:
- Valerie’s Kickoff post
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy
- Eat Recycle Repeat’s Joy to the World
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy Every Day
My 30 days of gratitude:
- Day 1: Gratitude
- Day 2: Grateful for Genghis Khat
- Day 3: Grateful for amazing people
- Day 4: The roundabout road to gratitude
- Day 5: Grateful for beautiful weather
- Day 6: Grateful for New Experiences
- Day 7: Grateful for Local Apples
- Day 8: Grateful for Acts of Kindness
- Day 9 & 10: Grateful for Everyday Miracles
- Day 11: Grateful for Resilience
- Day 12: Ah, Grateful
- Day 13: Peaceful Day
- Day 14: Grateful for Pomegranates
- Day 15: Grateful for Interweb goodness
I’m delighted to be joined by wonderful hostesses with likeminded blogs:
- Kickoff: Gluten Free Goodness (moi)
- Dec 7th Kate of Eat, Recycle, Repeat
- Dec 14th Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl
- Dec 21st Valerie of City Life Eats
- Roundup: Gluten Free Goodness (moi)