We’re home. Yahoo! We had a lovely Christmas up in Rochester. There was snow. A lot of snow. I can’t say how grateful I am that we don’t have that kind of snow here…I remember that cold gray stuff, and not fondly. It’s lovely from a window for just about 60 seconds, and then the charm is lost on me.
It was great to spend a few days kicking back, relaxing and eating copious quantities of chocolate. Mr. Dude got to spend quality time with his family, and I got to learn how to play Chinese Checkers.
To be honest, the best part of our trips is generally coming home to our loving feline brigade. Although trips have gotten easier, 8 hours in a car X2 is still a LONG ride, and there’s nothing like having a good time, and COMING HOME.
So I’m grateful for a great trip and that we’re home safe and sound with our snuggle bunnies. Mission accomplished!
Drop by for the December Sanity Retreat! This week’s hostess is Valerie of City Life Eats and she posted on getting more present with reflection and breathwork. Hop on over to comment on her post and be entered to win a Nuts.come $50 gift cert!
Posts so far:
- Valerie’s Kickoff post
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy
- Eat Recycle Repeat’s Joy to the World
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy Every Day
My 30 days of gratitude:
- Day 1: Gratitude
- Day 2: Grateful for Genghis Khat
- Day 3: Grateful for amazing people
- Day 4: The roundabout road to gratitude
- Day 5: Grateful for beautiful weather
- Day 6: Grateful for New Experiences
- Day 7: Grateful for Local Apples
- Day 8: Grateful for Acts of Kindness
- Day 9 & 10: Grateful for Everyday Miracles
- Day 11: Grateful for Resilience
- Day 12: Ah, Grateful
- Day 13: Peaceful Day
- Day 14: Grateful for Pomegranates
- Day 15: Grateful for Interweb goodness
I’m delighted to be joined by wonderful hostesses with likeminded blogs: