I’m very fond of violet roses, and so I got some for myself today. I rarely find the purple ones, so I was super grateful that not only did TJ’s have them, but they were just $5! I know they look pink in the pic, but they’re violet. And, of course, G had to inspect because he’s
intrusive inquisitive that way.
I’m also grateful for fun food projects. I made these Christmas trees…they were super easy. I wanted to make something fruit based, and looked at all these Pintrest boards for inspiration. While the strawberry grinches are cute, they didn’t get me excited. As soon as these popped in my head, I thought they would be fun. They were! I got these long toothpics with stars from Amazon (still time to get them, maybe?) Top is the top of a strawberry, then a piece of honeydew, a wider piece of strawberry and more honeydew. Couldn’t be easier or cuter. We’ll see how they hold up in transit.
And, of course, that makes me feel like things are a bit more balanced. I made the Chocolate Covered Orange Peels tonight too, which are Mr. Dude’s favorites, and those are almost ready to go.
Drop by for the December Sanity Retreat! This week’s hostess is Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl and she posted on Seeking Joy Every Day. Hop on over to comment on her post and be entered to win a Nuts.come $50 gift cert!
Posts so far:
- Valerie’s Kickoff post
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy
- Eat Recycle Repeat’s Joy to the World
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy Every Day
My 30 days of gratitude:
- Day 1: Gratitude
- Day 2: Grateful for Genghis Khat
- Day 3: Grateful for amazing people
- Day 4: The roundabout road to gratitude
- Day 5: Grateful for beautiful weather
- Day 6: Grateful for New Experiences
- Day 7: Grateful for Local Apples
- Day 8: Grateful for Acts of Kindness
- Day 9 & 10: Grateful for Everyday Miracles
- Day 11: Grateful for Resilience
- Day 12: Ah, Grateful
- Day 13: Peaceful Day
- Day 14: Grateful for Pomegranates
- Day 15: Grateful for Interweb goodness