First, many thanks for the love from yesterday post and warm wishes online and off, and I’m feeling much better. I wasn’t really able to eat more than a few bites for the past 5 days and my poor digestion is starting to move toward normal, which is super cool and obviously has done wonders for my mood, too.
It’s day 30, and I have to write about Mr. Dude still, of course, and I thought I’d write about my gratitude for my physical progress, because it’s officially TEN YEARS since I first sprained my ankle, which marked an era of whole lotta struggle (and triumph!)
I was teaching and out late, and when I came back to my aunt and uncle’s, this was waiting for me.
Those of you who are gluten-free and everything else free know how beautiful it is to have a homemade safe meal made with love, especially after a REALLLLLY long day.
So I’m dedicating today’s “grateful” to all of the people who have loved me over the years. To all of the friends that have held me, literally and figuratively, when my world fell apart. Everyone who treated me better than I treated myself, and saw the beauty in me when I didn’t know how. I’m grateful for all of the angels in my life, from my bird Mr. Feathers to strangers to all of the little kindnesses that have helped shape me into who I am.
Some people learn to love themselves from receiving love from the beginning, and that’s pretty groovy. The rest of us have to learn our worthiness along the way from the reflections of love and kindness we see in the eyes of others.
I am more grateful than I can put into words.
“Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.”
I would suggest that our furry or feathery friends can have a similar effect to bring us home, too.
Drop by for the December Sanity Retreat! This week’s hostess is Valerie of City Life Eats and she posted on getting more present with reflection and breathwork. Hop on over to comment on her post and be entered to win a Nuts.come $50 gift cert!
Posts so far:
- Valerie’s Kickoff post
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy
- Eat Recycle Repeat’s Joy to the World
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Seeking Joy Every Day
- Day 1: Gratitude
- Day 2: Grateful for Genghis Khat
- Day 3: Grateful for amazing people
- Day 4: The roundabout road to gratitude
- Day 5: Grateful for beautiful weather
- Day 6: Grateful for New Experiences
- Day 7: Grateful for Local Apples
- Day 8: Grateful for Acts of Kindness
- Day 9 & 10: Grateful for Everyday Miracles
- Day 11: Grateful for Resilience
- Day 12: Ah, Grateful
- Day 13: Peaceful Day
- Day 14: Grateful for Pomegranates
- Day 15: Grateful for Interweb goodness
- Day 16: Grateful for Snuggle time
- Day 17: Grateful for Crackers
- Day 18: Grateful for Flowers and Fun
- Day 19: Grateful for Beauty
- Day 20: Grateful for Chocolate
- Day 21: Beautiful Day and Tree Gratefuls
- Day 22: Grateful for Tomorrows
- Day 23: Grateful for Houdini
- Day 25: Grateful for peaceful moments
- Day 26: Grateful for a beautiful Christmas
- Day 27: Grateful for the power of a dream
- Day 28: Grateful for my nephews
- Day 29: Not really gratefuls
I’m delighted to be joined by wonderful hostesses with likeminded blogs: