Self-care wisdom from the animals in and around Chez Harris. I hope you enjoy the pictures!
Add in regular movement that you enjoy
Get a friend to join you!
Mindfully plan out your meals
Don’t hesitate to ask a friend for help, but choose your friends wisely.
Don’t judge on appearance. It’s what’s inside that counts.
(yes, that’s my husband with the Mohawk)
Friendship and sunshine are critical for self-care
Choose organic fruits and veggies. Berries are a great source of antioxidants!
Accept the support of those who love you
Remember that your distinctive style is part of what makes you beautiful
Make snuggles a priority
Remember to give and receive love daily
Take in the beauty of fresh-cut flowers
When in doubt, nap.
I am so very grateful for so many beautiful creatures big and small in my life!
This self-care retreat montage is for our 3rd July Self-Care Retreat, and we’d love for you to join us!
Our fantastic group of bloggers:
- June 28th: Me! Cheryl of Gluten-Free Goodness
- July 6th: Valerie of City Life Eats
- July 13th: Shirley of Gluten Free Easily (GFE)
- July 20st: Iris of My Fairy Angel (you probably also know her from The Daily Dietribe)
- July 27th Kate of Eat, Recycle Repeat
- Aug 3rd Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl
Before we get into the “rules”, know that the main “rule” is to relax, enjoy, take good care of yourself and have fun.
Why join us? Because self-care takes a village, too.
These posts are to inspire you all to make July a month of reflecting on self-care and the many ways to nourish ourselves. We encourage everyone to participate in this event in a way that feels appropriate to them, whether through making different choices around food, adding in movement, personal reflection, journaling or other self-care. If you would like to share your experience with self-care, we would love to include you in the experience, whether you join us for one week or every week. We ask that you link back to this post so that more people can learn about this retreat, and leave a comment for the weekly theme host, too! That way, we can make sure we see your post and that you’re entered into the drawing.
As a little added incentive, for each post on your goals and your progress you link back here or one of the other co-hosts, you’ll be entered to receive a $50 gift certificate to Nuts.com (they are not sponsoring, I just wanted something with healthy gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, etc. options)
We also have a Facebook group and we’d love to have you join us! Just send along a request (it’s listed as a private group.)
2013 Posts thus far:
- My Self-Care Goals 2013 GF Goodness
- Guest Post from Linda on Self-Care
- July Self-Care Goals on City|Life|Eats
- Wrap up and July Challenge on Eat, Recycle, Repeat
- 13 Self-Care Lessons from the Masters GF Goodness
- Guest post from Linda
- Saying “No” with Unexpected Results from GFE
- Debi of Hunter’s Lyoness on Unconditional love
- City Life Eats on Infusing some new into yoga
- Iris of Daily Dietribe on Letting Go
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl with 9 Things that Make Me Feel Happy & Calm My Spirit
- Cheryl of GF Goodness on Re-Writing the Story
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl on Emotional and Spiritual Growth
- Kate of Eat Recycle Repeat on “How to Surrender
- Cheryl of GF Goodness on Depression and Self Care
- Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl on Exploring Self-Care through Faith and Meditation
Curious about past retreats? Recaps for July Retreats 2011 & 2012 are here:
I love this post! Animals are great role models for self care 🙂
Wow, this post is perfect! Love it! Can’t believe that Mr. Dude was sporting a Mohawk! 😉
Kate, Indeed they are! I’m not so sure the neighbor rabbit takes great care of himself, but our guys have the luxury.
Shirley, that was for Halloween ’04. He had a great time, and the pictures will live on…
Love his spirit and the photo! I shared this post on Facebook but couldn’t get a photo to come up, so I attached one from your post. Hope that’s okay!
Shirley, of course! I couldn’t get a photo up, either. Not sure why.
Pingback: July Self-Care Retreat: Saying “No” … With Unexpected, Wonderful Results | gfe--gluten free easily
I loved your tips on self-care. The one on choose your friends carefully really struck home. I have found in order to care for yourself you do need to move on from a friendship. It’s not always easy but the right thing to do sometimes.