It’s mid-August, and about this time I realize how I wish summer could go on just 4 or 5 months more…and that our self-care retreat could go on a few more months, too! It has been such fun working with and getting to know Valerie of City|Life|Eats and our wonderful guest hosts, Wendy of Celiacs in the House, Shirley of Gluten-Free Easily and Iris of Daily Dietribe
Here are the highlights (and if we missed your post, please let me know!)
- Cheryl on the joy of movement and reconnecting with it
- Michelle of Bleeding Espresso
- Karley of Chic and Green ‘s Daily Eats
Food & Nourishment, hosted by Wendy of Celiacs in The House
- Cheryl on food and feeding others
- Karley from Chic and Green’s Daily Eats
- Me on how food is a friend instead of a frenemy
- Jen of the RA Vegan on Self Care through food
Nourishment through Friends, Family and Pets, hosted by Shirley of Gluten-Free Easily
- Cheryl on connecting with her cats and all the lessons they provide in self-care
- Valerie on avoiding depleting relationships
- Guest blogger Denise and her unexpected self-care mentor
Nourishment Through Creativity, hosted by Iris of The Daily Dietribe
- Cheryl on creativity as a form of managing her life and self-care
- Valerie on art journaling and how creativity went from being foreign to restorative
I loved this retreat. It gave me extra incentive to take wonderful care of my body–it felt like an extra special homework assignment. I often feel like I have 101 reminders to work, to do, to rush, to whatever, and I appreciated the extra opportunity to explore self-care in a different way. I mean, I often think about the food and meditation parts, but tend to ignore the creativity and movement parts. And I actually started water walking. Granted, I’m doing a teeny tiny amount, but I absolutely love the experience of moving my body again.
I truly appreciate all of our glorious hosts, everyone who commented, everyone who thought about commenting, and most of all, Valerie, for making this happen! We hope to do this again in a few months, too.
What a fabulous series, Cheryl (and Valerie!). And thanks for posting this so I can go back and read the ones I missed!
This was truly a wonderful series. It made me focus on things that are important to think about but often relegated to the back burner. Thanks so much.
Pingback: Winners of Stephanie O’Dea’s Totally Together: Shortcuts to an Organized Life & Genius Bread & What’s New? | gfe--gluten free easily
Pingback: My 2013 July Self-Care Goals | Gluten Free Goodness
Pingback: July Self-Care Retreat 2013–Join Us! | Gluten Free Goodness