I hope everyone had a great Halloween! We celebrated, as usual, with a big pumpkin carving party and have the orange goop on the walls to prove it.
What we actually made:
- Pear Cherry Crisp
- Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes from Whole Life Nutrition
- Sweet potato Cornbread, (vegan, I ran out of eggs!)courtesy of the GF Goddess
- Ginger Lemon Girl’s Choco chip cookies
- A gluten-free version of Ricki’s Raspberry Coconut Coffee Cake
- PB Chocolate Cake with Reeses Frosting
- Apple slices with a super yummy dip that I’ll be posting this week
- Heather’s Chicken Chili with added green peppers and more onions
And so…there’s a lot of food around still.
This week I need to make pesto because we had the first hard-ish frost, and it’s do or die time for the basil. I wish I hadn’t waited so long, but it’s like I keep hoping that if I don’t do anything, it won’t get cold. Hasn’t worked so far, but I still keep hoping.
Last week I also posted gluten/dairy free doughnuts…check ’em out!
Wendy of Celiacs in the House is our hostess and her theme is peppers. I don’t have any yet, but plan to add them in–they’re one of my favorite foods.
And…check out a BRM giveaway of Carol Fenster’s Book
And please, we need new hosts, so email me!!! Cheryl(at)eharrishome(dot)com.
Roast Rosemary Turkey and broccoli
Leftover turkey with mixed greens and avocado
Nightshade stew (featuring peppers, of course)
Lentil Stew (with garden fresh kale)
sit on my butt and do nothing day…I think I’ve earned it!