Ah, how I’ve missed menu planning. Life has been so busy so many meals have been last-minute affairs…and this week will be no exception. However we are having our annual pumpkin carving party this weekend, so at the very least ONE day’s meals must be planned to avoid unpleasant last minute scurrying.
Although I love our party, it’s a little—um—special—that I am teaching on Food and Mood on Weds, and have 2 articles due this week, one with recipes and pictures! (of course, in addition to seeing clients) Now, I’m a good cook/baker, or at least I think so, but magazine-quality photos are outside of my comfort zone. So although I’m very excited, there’s some nervousness in there, too!
Our theme for this week is nuts. Ahem. I will not be nuts this week. For sure. But I will be eating nuts, as I do pretty much every day. Heather of Celiac Family is hosting, so stop on by for her roundup.
Hot mulled cider (make during the party)
Raw Caramel Dip from Whole Life Nutrition with Honey crisp apples (apples bought, dip will be made Fri)
- Salsamole (make Saturday)
- Crudites: Baby carrots, peppers, etc. (either E chops or I buy chopped. We shall see)
- Moroccan Chicken, from Carrie’s new crockpot cookbook
- Pumpkin seed brittle (done. Woohoo!)
- Carrie’s Chocolate Chip cookies (done & in the freezer. Double woohoo!)
- Chocolate Banana Cream Pie (vegan, sugar free) in an Almond Crust (make Friday. Will post recipe soon. I swear)
- Pumpkin chip bars from Gluten Free on a Shoestring
- Apple Crisp—make Saturday.
Dunno. Maybe Mint Brownies? I never know how much is enough or too much.
*update* How did I miss Heathers’ Spooky Meringues? I know a winner when I see it!