I am so glad that the December Sanity Challenge is underway! Since it first came to mind a week or so ago, life has become increasingly INsane. I left my job at Kaplan Center on Tuesday, which was very sad, but the drive became too long and it was a huge physical drain. Instead, the plan has been to work at home, and I’ve started working on some nutrition education webinars AND now it seems, am very close to committing to write for a nutrition magazine, too (details to come…) Somehow, just like that, I forgot about my plan to take more time to relax. How does that happen so quickly??!!?? Also, I was nominated by NDVDA as Emerging RD leader for VA so I’ve been working on pulling together my application and letters and such.
The new things are delightful, but they also require TIME MANAGEMENT, which is not traditionally one of my strengths. I’m like one of the cats, I get distracted by whatever flits by. (Or for anyone who watches the Daily Show or has seen the movie Up, SQUIRREL!) So I will need to seriously build some structure in order to meet these deadlines and take care of myself, too.
So my sanity goals this month:
- Exercising 3-4 times a week. Ideally, Mondays, Weds, Thurs and Saturdays, and doing my fun PT exercises daily.
- Waiting at least 2 hours before making Internet purchases. Hopefully by then I’ve figured out that I don’t need whatever wonderous toy they’re selling
- Meditation twice daily.
- 6 desserts in December. That’s it.
- Writing a schedule next Tues.
- Heading off on a silent retreat this weekend! Way to get off to a good start.