I just saw Iris’ Dec Sanity Goal, and it’s terrific! Go check out her plan. Simple yet elegant. Heather of Celiac Family posted hers, too. Anyone whose goal is to get more hugs is a winner in my book.
And I wanted to check in on my goals…ya know, the whole accountability thing–and see how things were rolling along.
- Exercising 3-4 times a week. Ideally, Mondays, Weds, Thurs and Saturdays, and doing my fun PT exercises daily. *yay!* Did M, Th, Sat…forgot all about planning to do Weds. Hmmm. I still feel like I did a good job, and 3 is pretty decent.
- Waiting at least 2 hours before making Internet purchases. Hopefully by then I’ve figured out that I don’t need whatever wonderous toy they’re selling Even better–didn’t buy anything!
- Meditation twice daily. Om…..
- 6 desserts in December. That’s it. Yeah, about that. I’ve made less than 6, but I’m up to 3 with 3 weeks to go. This does not bode well!
- Writing a schedule Tues. I didn’t specify which Tues….I will write it by SOME Tues, does that count? And I have kept up with work, so I should get points back for that!
- Heading off on a silent retreat this weekend! Way to get off to a good start. Even saw an Owl. The more I google, the less certain I am of the kind–it looked a little like a barn owl and a little like a barred owl. The one I saw seems bigger than any of the pics I’m seeing on line. Maybe I should split the difference and cal it a barned owl? Either way, it’s the first one I’ve not on a leash in the zoo. Very cool!
And everyone else?
For more about the Dec Sanity Challenge and how to join, see the initial post.
I’d say you’re doing very well considering how many goals you had! Still working on mine. 🙂
First, awesome on seeing the barred owl! 🙂 Second, you crack me up … I love it that you are just as vulnerable as the rest of us. 😉 Third, obviously, I haven’t done anything for December Sanity yet … maybe my December Sanity will be NOT adding anything else to my plate? I keep thinking about a post though … we’ll see.
Looking forward to them!
See, you just inspired me to go googling. I’m now not sure if he or she was a barred owl or a barn owl! I just was so shocked because it seemed like it must be an owl from the back (I’ve never seen an owl, so it seemed impossible) and then he did the cool 180 degree neck spin, and indeed, owl confirmed! I was just honored to get to see something so beautiful.
Whatever, or whenever, you decide to post (or not) works. Self care is the key part.
I love the idea of waiting 2 hours to make internet purchases!
Nice job on your week! 🙂
Thank you for creating this opportunity! It really made me take a good, hard look at my life to see where I could make adjustments to better maintain health and balance. This is my response to your challenge:
Thank you again,
Wow – meditating twice a day is pretty ambitious… you must be pretty zen! Another weekend has flown by – and ironically, my plan to make plans has been ambushed by my surfing habit (the non-athletic version 🙂 )
Happy to have landed here… and be reminded to get my priorities straight! Wishing you an enjoyable holiday season! Claudine
Awesome! I would like to exercise every alternate day as well.. been too lazy… I should set that goal and make sure it happens!
Pingback: December Sanity Challenge | Gluten Free Goodness