This my first time submitting to the menu swap, and it’s forcing me to be more organized. Sure, I generally have a rough idea of what I’ll be making, but it tends to evolve once I realize that I’ve forgotten something at the grocery store.
This week’s ingredient is cilantro. Cilantro is a love it or hate it herb. I LOVE cilantro. Unfortunately, DH doesn’t, which boggles my mind. I discovered this years ago when I made a black bean/cilantro salad and upon walking into the kitchen, his first comment was, something smells repulsive! Needless to say, he’s come to understand that such commentary may well endanger his quality of life and/or his lifespan. And now I generally make dishes where the cilantro is added at the end (or not, for his).
- Monday: Basil pine nut pesto halibut (as inspired by Natalie’s “Pesto your fish” post!) with roasted asparagus
- Tuesday: Thai spiced chicken stew with cilantro over brown rice
- Weds: A modified version of North African spiced grilled lamb with roasted red peppers and quinoa
- Thurs: Spiced almond collard stew
- Friday: Quick and easy: a hunter’s cabbage with steamed broccoli