Ok, I couldn’t resist. Here goes! This is supposed to be a vegan 100 list, which I saw on Veggie Girl’s site (and many others) but many of the things are animal based, so color me confused. I counted something whether I had the meat based version or the vegan one. I was surprised that I’d tried so many, given all my allergies. If you’d like to do it, here are the instructions:
1) Copy this list into your own blog, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Post a comment here once you’ve finished and link your post back to this one.
5) Pass it on!
2. Green Smoothie
Tofu Scramble allergic
5. Mangosteen Hopefully soon!
6. Creme brulee
9. Borscht I think so…not sure.
10. Baba ghanoush
12. Authentic soba noodles
Super yummy. Yay buckwheat!
13. PB&J sandwich seriously? who hasn’t eaten pbj?
14. Aloo gobi
15. Taco from a street cart
16. Boba Tea
Black truffle allergic
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
20. Vanilla ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
24. Rice and beans
25. Knish -heck, I’m a jew from NY, whaddya expect?
26. Raw scotch bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de leche one of my very favorite drool foods from my years in CA
29. Baklava probably the last non-gf food I’ve made. I miss making these and I miss eating them even more!
31. Wasabi peas—which I promply spit out, so I’m not sure if that counts
32. Chowder in a sourdough bowl do I get extra points for eating my chowda in Boston?
33. Mango lassi love these…
35. Root beer float
36. Mulled cider =I make some every year
37. Scones with buttery spread and jam
38. Vodka jelly
I make an amazing gumbo, if I do say so myself.
40. Fast food french fries - I still occasionally have a few when I can find them GF
41. Raw Brownies
42. Fresh Garbanzo Beans
Homemade Soymilk allergic
Wine from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more-wine is wasted on me. Double for expensive wine.
48. Vegetable Sushi
49. Glazed doughnut
51. Prickly pear- I plan to have one very soon!
Sheese ok, I miss cheese and all, but fake cheese scares me.
55. Cotton candy
57. Piña colada
58. Birch beer
Scrapple um, no. just no.
60. Carob chips
Soy curls allergic
63 Chickpea cutlets
66. Homemade Sausages
67. Churros, elephant ears, or funnel cake—and then I promptly went on one of those rides that go upside down and let’s just say all didn’t end well.
68. Smoked tofu-years ago at Moosewood. One of the only ways I liked tofu.
69. Fried plantain—me gusta mucho!
72. Warm chocolate chip cookies - warm is the best way to eat a cookie, in my opinion
74. Corn on the cob
75. Whipped cream, straight from the can I think I had it more straight from a can than any other way!
76. Pomegranate–let’s just put it this way, I have to schedule teeth cleanings at the end of pom season because I have so many pom stains.
77. Fauxstess Cupcake
78. Mashed potatoes with gravy
81. French onion soup
82. Savory crepes
84. A meal at Candle 79
85. Moussaka -
86. Sprouted grains or seeds
87. Macaroni and “cheese”
89. Matzoh ball soup
90. White chocolate
93. Butterscotch chips
94. Yellow watermelon I’ve even grown one!
95. Chili with chocolate
96. Bagel and
97. Potato milk
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Raw cookie dough heck yeah!