Brenda at Book of Yum was sweet enough to tag me for a meme. I’m honored! So what is a meme, you may ask? Here are the rules: 1. i must link the tagger to my blog and list the rules; 2. i must share 7 weird bits about myself 3. 7 new bloggerites must be tagged and must be made aware with a comment in their blog. Well, it took me a while to think of a few strange and interesting bits of personal trivia, but here goes:
- I LOVE chocolate, but for me, it’s all about melted chocolate. Sure, I’ll eat a piece of good chocolate, but melted chocolate makes me swoon. It’s something about the mouth feel of melted chocolate that just makes it so much better! Oh, and the darker the better. I’ve been known to eat baking (unsweetened) chocolate.
- Due to a variety of reasons, at 25, I found myself totally unable to stand or walk for 4 months. Talk about a life changing experience. Many years later, I’m still actively working on regaining my health and mobility and it’s taught me a lot about humility and appreciation for the many everyday gifts in my life.
- My taste in music is all about the classics. My favorites are classic rock and classical music.
- I love nut butter, and I’ll eat it by the spoon. It’s one of my guilty pleasures, and my husband teases me about it on a regular basis. But I figure if that’s my worst nutritional habit, I’m doing fine, thanks much. Somehow people assume that because I’m a nutritionist, that I must eat a perfect diet.
- I am very, very messy. I always have been. I’ve tried to break that habit and not met much success…but I’m working on it!
- My garden is one of my favorite places to be. I love it, it’s such a healing, nurturing place. I’ve got a huge variety, from the normal stuff, like tomatoes and peppers, to a peach tree and artichokes. I’ve got ground cherries, carrots, garlic, blueberries, raspberries, and a wide variety of herbs, too. Most are grown from seed, though I hope to buy a few melons, too.
- My husband and I co-habitate with two of the coolest cats around, Genghis and Houdini. Boy am I glad that Genghis adopted us, because I can’t imagine our lives without them.
Ok, that’s 7! And now I get to tag 7 other bloggers, if they’re interested in playing, too. I’ve tried to choose a few folks that aren’t necessarily part of the GF blogging “usual suspects” in the interest of all of us expanding our horizons.