I did write up my December Sanity Retreat post ahead of time because I’m hosting this week, but what feels the most sanity promoting right now is a focus on the beautiful, touching, loving acts of kindness that are out there every day. The media is saturated with too much heartbreak right now. Here’s a break from all that. All of the below are inspiring, touching, adorable, sweet, or neat.
Get a hanky handy.
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
There have been great Sanity posts so far, so join us!
- Valerie of City Life Eats – Sleep, move, dance, stretch
- Iris of The Daily Dietribe Join the December Sanity Challenge
- My Kickoff Post with goals
- Kate of Eat, Recycle Repeat shares her “Dos” of the season
- My post on the Zen of Candy Cane Marshmallows
- Kathryn, of chacha’s gluten-free kitchen with her goals AND German Chocolate Bites
- Yoga Twist on Life shared December Merriment
- Lilian of Healthy Happy Vibrant shares “Self Care Continued”
- Iris of the Daily Dietribe shared on the preciousness of our moments
- I posted on the recent tragedy with “A Pause”
Please do join us, both to take good care of your precious self and to win fun prizes!
So a recap on the challenge:
It can be on whatever YOU need to work on to stay sane during the holiday season, or whatever you want to make sure to remember so that you are living life to the fullest:
- Balancing commitments to others with commitments to yourself
- Getting in physical activity
- Creating a happy balance around food
- Getting enough sleep!
- Making wise financial choices
- Focusing more on living beings than material “stuff”
- Whatever else speaks to you along these lines
The challenge—write up a blog post on what you plan to do to make your holidays sane, happy and healthy. Make it specific! Not just “I’ll get more sleep”, but “I’ll get at least 7 hours of sleep, 5 days a week”. Not just “I won’t go crazy making desserts”, but “I’ll make a maximum of XX desserts, and space them out over XX time”. You know what you need to do to keep this doable, and writing it down will help you get there!
As a little added incentive, for each post on your intentions and your progress you link back here or one of the other co-hosts, you’ll be entered to receive a $50 gift certificate to Nuts.com (they are not sponsoring, I just wanted something with healthy gluten-free, vegan, sugar-free, etc. options). The delicious Ms. Carrie Forbes of Carrie of Ginger Lemon Girl has also generously donated 2 signed cookbooks. Grab the badge, if you like, which was graciously created by Jennifer Yandle Photography & Design. for “The Everything Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Cookbook”. I mean, what could be more sanity promoting than using a slow cooker?
I’ll also be joined by a wonderful group of co-hosts: